JD Supra Germany
- JD Supra
- Publication date:
- McDermott Will & Emery (208)
- Hogan Lovells (172)
- Latham & Watkins LLP (157)
- Dentons (154)
- White & Case LLP (84)
- Dechert LLP (83)
- Morrison & Foerster LLP (61)
- Orrick - Employment Law and Litigation (59)
- K&L Gates LLP (56)
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP (51)
- Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (38)
- Allen & Overy LLP (35)
- Jones Day (35)
- Morgan Lewis (31)
- Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (25)
- King & Spalding (20)
- Littler (20)
- Alston & Bird (17)
- Spirit Legal (13)
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (12)
- Sullivan & Worcester (12)
- Orrick - Trust Anchor (11)
- Fox Rothschild LLP (11)
- Goodwin (10)
- Planet Depos, LLC (8)
- Shearman & Sterling LLP (7)
- Orrick - Finance 20/20 (6)
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP (6)
- Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (SCCE) (6)
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C. (5)
- Morrison & Foerster LLP - Social Media (5)
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP (5)
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP (5)
- Proskauer - International Labor Law (4)
- WilmerHale (4)
- Proskauer - Privacy & Cybersecurity (3)
- Foley & Lardner LLP (3)
- International Lawyers Network (3)
- Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP (3)
- Michael Volkov (2)
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP (2)
- BakerHostetler (2)
- Cohen & Gresser LLP (2)
- NAVEX Global (2)
- Orrick - Trade Secrets Group (2)
- MERITAS - Law Firms Worldwide (2)
- McGuireWoods LLP (2)
- Barley Snyder (2)
- Robinson+Cole Data Privacy + Security Insider (2)
- Orrick - Antitrust Watch (2)
- The Hereditary Debt of the Investment-Controlled Screw
The 17th Amendment Ordinance to the German Foreign Trade and Payments Ordinance (AWV) - The 17th Amendment Ordinance to the German Foreign Trade and Payments Ordinance (AWV) continues the long-standing trend towards more control rights for the German Federal Ministry for Economics and Energy (BMWi) with regard to investment control under foreign trade law. In addition to adapting to the requirements of the EU Screening Directive, the scope of application of the sector-specific and cross-sectoral review processes was extended and tightened.
- Additional Changes in German Foreign Direct Investment Control
The 17th amendment to the German Foreign Trade and Payment Ordinance ("AWV") adopted by the federal government on April 27, 2021, included—compared to the original draft—a number of changes relevant to M&A transactions with a nexus to Germany. A draft 17th amendment to the AWV was published in late January 2021. While the 17th amendment as adopted is generally in line with this draft, there are a number of changes in German foreign direct investment ("FDI") control that companies envisaging transactions regarding German targets should be aware of...
- German Bundestag adopts IT Security Act 2.0 – update for companies
The German Bundestag adopted the IT Security Act 2.0 (IT-Sicherheitsgesetz 2.0 – "IT-SiG 2.0") on 23 April 2021. On 7 May, the draft IT-SiG 2.0 has now also been endorsed in the Bundesrat. We have set out the latest key amendments to the draft IT-SiG 2.0 with the most practical relevance for companies.
- German Federal Supreme Court allows 15% lump sum damages clauses in private follow on damages actions
In a recent judgement, the German Federal Supreme Court indicated that lump sum damages clauses in private follow on damages actions of up 15% are permissible. The decision is a clear example of judicial activism, and plaintiffs will read this as a positive sign.
- Regulatory Monitoring - Relevant Developments Regarding German And European Regulatory Law (UPDATED)
Our monthly regulatory newsletter monitors all relevant developments regarding German and European regulatory law in English language. Please see full Publication below for more information.
- Kartellrechts-Radar Frühling 2021
Mit unserem Kartellrechts-Radar geben wir Ihnen ein verständliches, auf den Punkt gebrachtes Update an die Hand, damit Sie schnell gut informiert sind. In unserer Frühlings-Ausgabe haben wir folgende Themen aufgegriffen...
- Bremen führt Corona-Testpflicht für Arbeitnehmer ein
Die echte Testpflicht für Arbeitnehmer kommt – zumindest in Bremen. Dies hat der Bremer Senat am 4. Mai 2021 beschlossen und verschärft damit als erstes Bundesland die Vorgaben der SARS-CoV-2-Arbeitsschutzverordnung des BMAS für alle Arbeitnehmer. In Bremen müssen nicht nur Arbeitgeber im Betrieb tätigen Arbeitnehmern die Tests anbieten, Arbeitnehmer sind auch zur Testung verpflichtet...
- Broadening the scope further – Latest revisions of German FDI rules go live
The latest amendment of the German FDI rules brings mandatory reviews for 16 additional "critical activities" – but also some welcomed clarifications. The amendment entered into force on May 1, 2021 and is applicable to all transactions signed as of the same day. It can be expected that the number of transactions subject to German FDI review will increase further. Following a number of revisions of the German foreign direct investment rules throughout 2020 (including a COVID-19-related broadening of the scope of review, lowering the threshold to 10% for mandatory reviews, the introduction of a standstill obligation outside of defense deals, and criminal sanctions for non-compliance), the 17th amendment to the German Foreign Trade and Payments Ordinance ("AWV") aligns the scope of review more closely with the EU Screening Regulation (EU) 2019/452 and casts the net of mandatory FDI reviews even wider. A number of last-minute revisions bring about much-needed clarity.
- Impfen am Arbeitsplatz – Unternehmen stehen in den Startlöchern, aber es gibt Hürden
Viele deutsche Unternehmen sind nach eigener Aussage schon bereit zum Impfen. Einige wollen eigene Impfstraßen aufsetzen, um das Impfgeschehen in ihrem Betrieb und damit auch in Deutschland voranzubringen. In vielen Bundesländern wurden zu diesem Zweck Impfallianzen gebildet.
- 2021 Offshore Wind Auction in Germany
There have not been any auctions for offshore wind projects in Germany since 2018. Recently, the Federal Network Agency (Bundesnetzagentur) called for the 2021 auction round. It is the first of its kind auction based on the so-called "central model".
- New German Insolvency Law Rules to Facilitate Restructurings, Debt-Equity Swaps and Debtor in Possession
Introduction On 1 March 2012 new German insolvency law rules will come into effect which are intended to facilitate and promote debtor-in-possession proceedings and the use of restructuring plans and debt-equity swaps. In addition, the new insolvency law will introduce new...
- New Double Taxation Agreement Between Germany and Taiwan
Introduction - The “Agreement between the German Institute in Taipei and the Taipei Representative Office in the Federal Republic of Germany for the Avoidance of Double Taxation and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion with respect to Taxes on Income and on Capital” and the respective protocol (together...
- Three Steelmakers Raided in Antitrust Investigation
On February 28, 2013, Germany’s Federal Cartel Office (“GFCO”) searched the offices of three steelmakers as part of an antitrust investigation into steel supplies to the automotive industry. Specifically, GFCO raided the offices of Voestalpine, ThyssenKrupp, and ArcelorMittal as part of an...
- Financial Services Quarterly Report - Second Quarter 2013: The New German Rules on High Frequency Trading
The German Federal Parliament adopted a bill on February 28, 2013, setting forth detailed rules and provisions dealing with so-called “high frequency trading” (the “HFT Rules”)....
- Software License Audits – How to prepare, how to react
Software license audits are on the rise. On January 27, 2012, the world's leading information technology research and advisory company, Gartner, released a survey showing that two-thirds of all companies have been subject to software auditing during the past 12 months. The number of companies not...
- New circular letter on transfer of assets and partnership interests
Federal Ministry of Finance directs non-application of recent rulings by the Federal Fiscal Court. With its circular letter dated 12 September 2013, the Federal Ministry of Finance comments on three rulings by the Federal Fiscal Court dealing with the transfer of assets and...
- Keine Urlaubsabgeltung bei Langzeiterkrankung während der Altersteilzeit
Wurde einem Beamten oder Arbeitnehmer Altersteilzeit im sog. „Blockmodell“ bewilligt, hat er grundsätzlich keinen Anspruch auf die finanzielle Abgeltung von Erholungsurlaub, den er krankheitsbedingt vor Eintritt in die Freistellungsphase nicht mehr nehmen kann. Dies ergibt sich aus der...
- In for a Penny, in for a Pound
It is generally known that those who infringe a patent are liable for committing the act of infringement. In the vast majority of cases this is the person who produces patent-infringing goods or sells or uses a patented method without being authorized to do so. Less obvious is liability in the case ...
- Shareholder Activism 2.0
M&A partner Harald Selzner discusses the rise of shareholder activism in Germany as a key boardroom issue. Deutschland gerÌt zunehmend in den Fokus Institutionelle Investoren erwarten h?here Standards Transaktionskrimi Celesio B?rsen-Zeitung, 10.5.2...
- German Federal Court of Justice Decides on Deletion of Unused Domains and Typosquatting
German law on internet domains is not codified in a uniform statutory law, but spans over a variety of legal areas such as trademark law, unfair competition law and naming rights and is strongly built on court decisions. Since the German Federal Court of Justice (Bundesgerichtshof) ruled in a...